To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2019 session is scheduled for June 23 to June 28, 2019. Participants will select two (one from morning session and one from afternoon session) from the following courses:
- Combustion Dynamics to be delivered by Prof. Sébastien M. Candel of CentraleSupélec, U. Paris-Saclay, France
- Combustion Chemistry and Modeling to be delivered by Prof. Henry J. Curran of National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Numerical Combustion
- Part A: Computational Methods for Soot Formation delivered by Prof. Angela Violi of University of Michigan, USA
- Part B: Numerical Combustion from Fundamentals to Engine Applications delivered by Dr. Jacqueline H. Chen of Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, USA
- Laser Diagnostics in Turbulent Combustion Research to be delivered by Prof. Jeffrey A. Sutton of Ohio State University, USA
- Combustion Fundamentals of Fire Safety to be delivered by Prof. José L. Torero of University of Maryland, USA
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 22, 2019 for additional lodging charge.
Classes will be held from Monday, June 24, 2019 through Friday, June 28, 2019.
Summer School Celebration Dinner
The summer school will host a celebration dinner for all lecturers and participants Thursday evening June 27.
Departure and Check Out
Dormitory check out is Friday, June 28, 2019. Participates can arrange for late check-out on Saturday, June 29, 2019 for additional lodging cost.