Application to the 2022 Summer School is open now!
Please read carefully the below anti-COVID Policy:
Participants must be fully vaccinated to be allowed inside buildings that are occupied by Princeton University. All participants must comply with the current requirements for face coverings. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks have passed since receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or the single dose of a one-dose vaccine. Beginning January 31, 2022, visitors must attest to vaccination and receipt of a booster if they are eligible. COVID-19 vaccines must be approved or have emergency use authorization from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or COVID-19 vaccines that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). The complete current list is available on the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website
Participants will need to attest to being vaccinated prior to coming to campus. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19, the participant must depart campus.
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2022 session is scheduled for June 19 to June 24, 2022. Participants will select two (one from morning session and one from afternoon session) from the following courses (see descriptions here):
Monday-Friday 8:45-12:15, US Eastern Time
- Combustion Theory by Prof. Moshe Matalon, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion by Prof. Ronald K. Hanson, Stanford University, USA
Monday-Friday 14:00-17:30, US Eastern Time
- Combustion Chemistry by Prof. Alison Tomlin, University of Leeds, UK
- Theoretical and Numerical Combustion by Prof. Thierry Poinsot, Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse, CNRS, France
Classes will be held at Princeton University from Monday, June 20, 2022 through Friday, June 24, 2022.
- Application deadline: May 8, 2022
- Acceptance announcement: May 13, 2022
Prof. Chung K. Law, Princeton University
Prof. Michael E. Mueller, Princeton University
Prof. Ran Sui, Missouri University of Science and Technology