To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2018 session is scheduled for June 24 to June 29, 2018. Participants will select two (one from morning session and one from afternoon session) from the following courses:
- Combustion Theory and Applications in CFD to be delivered by Prof. Heinz Pitsch of RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Quantitative Laser Diagnostics for Combustion Chemistry and Propulsion to be delivered by Prof. Ronald K. Hanson of Stanford University, USA
- Combustion Chemistry to be delivered by Prof. Michael J. Pilling of University of Leeds, UK
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Advanced Topics in Propulsion
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 23, 2018 for additional lodging charge.
Classes will be held from Monday, June 25, 2018 through Friday, June 29, 2018.
Summer School Celebration Dinner
The summer school will host a celebration dinner for all lecturers and participants Thursday evening June 28.
Departure and Check Out
Dormitory check out is Friday, June 29, 2018. Participates can arrange for late check-out on Saturday, June 30, 2018 for additional lodging cost.