Application for the 2020 session is open! Please read carefully all related information and apply at https://cefrc.princeton.edu/combustion-summer-school/application.
To provide the next generation of combustion researchers with a comprehensive knowledge in the technical areas of combustion theory, experiment, computation, fundamentals, and applications.
The 2020 session is scheduled for June 14 to June 19, 2020. Participants will select two (one from morning session and one from afternoon session) from the following courses (see descriptions here):
- Combustion Chemistry by Professor Alison Tomlin, University of Leeds, UK
- Turbulent Combustion by Professor Epaminondas Mastorakos, University of Cambridge, UK, and Professor Swetaprovo Chaudhuri, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dynamics of Combustion Waves in Premixed Gases by Professor Paul Clavin, Aix-Marseille Université, France
- Advanced Laser Diagnostics in Combustion Research by Professor Mark Linne, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Frontiers in Combustion Methodologies by Professor Yiguang Ju, Princeton University, USA, and Professor Tianfeng Lu, University of Connecticut, USA
Arrival & Orientation/ Welcome Reception
The summer school will begin with an orientation and welcome reception on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 6:30pm. Staff will be available prior to the reception from 1:00-5:00pm for check-in to dormitory rooms. Participants may also arrange for early arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 13, 2020 for additional lodging charge.
Classes will be held from Monday, June 15, 2020 through Friday, June 19, 2020.
Summer School Celebration Dinner
The summer school will host a celebration dinner for all lecturers and participants Thursday evening June 18.
Departure and Check Out
Dormitory check out is Friday, June 19, 2020. Participates can arrange for late check-out on Saturday, June 20, 2020 for additional lodging cost.