May 25-27, 2011 Washington, D.C.May 25-27, 2011 Washington, D.C.
On May 25-27, 2011, 13 members of the Combustion Energy Frontier Research Center (CEFRC) were among the participants from 46 EFRCs to attend the 2011 EFRC Summit & Forum. The three-day event, hosted in Washington, D.C. by the U.S. Department of Energy, was a major public conference on Frontiers in Energy Research. The event comprised of high-level plenary addresses and in-depth parallel science sessions and poster presentations.
- William H. Green, David F. Davidson, Fokion N. Egolfopoulos, Nils Hansen, Michael Harper, Ronald K. Hanson, Stephen J. Klippenstein, Chung K. Law, Chih-Jen Sung, Donald G. Truhlar, Hai Wang, "Combustion Chemistry of a New Biofuel: Butanol" .
- Yiguang Ju, Pascal Dievart, Stephen Dooley, Sang Hee Wong, Frederick L. Dryer, Emily A. Carter, Chung K. Law, William H. Green, Ronald K. Hanson, David Davidson, Nils Hansen, Stephen J. Klippenstein, Chih-Jen Sung, Fokion N. Egolfopoulos, Hai Wang, "Development of Kinetic Models for Methyl-Ester Molecules for Biodiesel Modeling" .
- Hai Wang, David F. Davidson, Frederick L. Dryer, Fokion N. Egolfopoulos, Ronald K. Hanson, Stephen J. Klippenstein, Yiguang Ju, "Multiscale Kinetic Knowledge Propagation - Combustion Chemistry of Small Hydrocarbons".
- Chung K. Law, "Combustion Energy Frontier Research Center".
- Ionut Alecu, Tao Yu, Jingjing Zheng, Eqa Papajak, Donald G. Truhlar, " Accurate Computed Thermochemistry and Kinetics for the Reaction between n-Butanol and the Hydroperoxyl Radical".
- Enoch Dames, Hai Wang, " Soot Formation in Fuel Combustion - The Role of Aromatic Diradicals".
- Stephen J. Klippenstein, Jeffrey S. Santner, Michael P. Burke, Frederick L. Dryer, Yiguang Ju, Swetaprovo Chaudhuri, Peng Zhang, Fujia Wu, Chung K. Law, David F. Davidson, Ronald K. Hanson, Bryan W. Weber, Mruthunjaya Uddi, Apurba Das, Chih-Jen Sung, Fokion N. Egolfopoulos, "Combustion at High Pressure".
- Joseph K. Lefkowitz, Joshua S. Heyne, Yiguang Ju, Frederick L. Dryer, "Combustion kinetics study of t-butanol and its principal intermediates i-butene, acetone, and methane".
- Victor Oyeyemi, Ting Tan, Michele Pavone, Emily A. Carter, " Towards Accurate Thermochemical Kinetics of Biodiesel Combustion from Multireference Configuration Interaction Calculations".
- Stephen B. Pope, Jacqueline H. Chen, Haifeng Wang, Chun Sang Yoo, Gaurav Bansal, "Turbulent combustion of future transportation fuels".